Sunday, July 24, 2011

Twitter Happy :D





Actor Priyanka Chopra who has been living out of a suitcase for quite sometime manages to stay in touch with family and friends thanks to social networking sites. The tech-savy actor has a lot of followers on the micro-blogging site Twitter and is quite active on it too.
"I try and keep in touch with my fans. I tweet a lot and for me it is the best way to interact with fans. I usually access Twitter and Facebook on my phone so when I have some spare time, I usually check to see what the world is talking about and also share my thoughts, etc. I enjoy the opportunity to interact with my fan base one-on-one," she says.
While there are a couple of actors like Imran Khan and a few others who went off Twitter, citing lack of personal space, Piggy Chops says she'd never do that. "Of course you get bombarded with good, bad and ugly things, but I enjoy it tremendously. It just gets annoying when someone random will post something nasty just to gain attention. Otherwise I find Twitter as a medium very effective and the best thing is that the reach is direct."
Clearly, she does not get bothered by her fans getting a peek into her life. Though the actor has her own website and she regularly keeps it updates, she does not intend to start her own blog, because she thinks there is nothing more she can add there. "I tweet a lot and stuff that my fans would want to know about me is up on my website. I am already in between 50,000 things so a blog is not something I can manage," she explains.
The leggy lass has also admitted that she's become quite a competitive gamer, thanks to her Don 2 co-stars. In fact, interestingly, Priyanka was the only girl for most part on the sets and she gradually got hooked to video games as co-star Shah Rukh Khan and director Farhan Akhtar and others would play all the time.
She says, "I didn't really have much of a choice. That's basically all they did in their spare time, you know how it is, boys and their toys! But thanks to them, I can safely say that I have developed into quite a keen, competitive gamer myself!"

1 comment:

  1. I think Micro-blogging is the best medium for stars to interact with their fans.

    ReplyDelete